Eurozone Growth Tracker
10 August 2020
- Quarterly Real GDP Growth for the EU19 fell at 1.2% in Q1 2020.
- The Consumer Confidence indicator continued to fall in August to -9.5%.
- New car sales in the Eurozone are continuing to fall, by 22.3% in June year-on-year.
- Retail Sales slowed to 0.6% Year-on-Year in July after a bounce back in June.
- Youth unemployment for the Eurozone stood at 2,338 million in July, up 4% against the prior year’s period.
Annual Real GDP 1961 – 2019: 50 Years of Declining Growth
Quarterly Real GDP Growth Q1 2007 - Q1 2020
Leading & Composite Indicator
OECD Composite Leading Indicator
The OECD composite leading indicator® (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points between expansions and slowdowns of economic activity”. Its components include Production Orders, Finished Goods Stock, Order Books, Order Inflows, Industrial Confidence Indicator, Share Prices, Consumer Confidence Indicator, Short & Long Term Interest Rate and Share Price Spread.