India Growth Tracker
19 June 2020
- Indian GDP grew 4.7% in Q4 2019 in-line with SMI trends.
- Leading economic indicators for Q2 show a substantial impact on business activity due to the Coronavirus.
- Total Indian Exports for May stood at $19,050 (million), an improvement on April.
- Steel production in India fell at a rate of 64% YnY in April as the lockdown took effect.
- Car sales fell in March by over 127% year-on-year.
Real Annual GDP Growth 1961-2019
Real GDP statistics compiled by World Economics show Indian GDP has grown rapidly over the past 20 years.
Real Quarterly GDP Growth Q2 2012 – Q4 2019
Leading and Composite Indicators
OECD Composite Leading Indicator (CLI)
The (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points of economic activity.” The index components include industrial production, car sales, monetary aggregates, share prices and the call money rate.
World Economics India Sales Managers’ Index