India Growth Tracker
10 August 2020
- Indian GDP plummeted aby 24% in Q2 2020 in-line with SMI trends.
- Leading economic indicators for Q3 show the substantial impact on business activity caused by the Coronavirus continuing.
- Total Indian Exports for July stood at $23,640 (million), an improvement on June but still a long way behind a year ago.
- Car sales fell in July by over 31% year-on-year.
- Steel production in India fell at a rate of 26% YnY in July.
Real Annual GDP Growth 1961-2019
Real GDP statistics compiled by World Economics show Indian GDP has grown rapidly over the past 20 years.
Real Quarterly GDP Growth Q2 2012 – Q2 2020
Leading and Composite Indicators
OECD Composite Leading Indicator (CLI)
The (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points of economic activity.” The index components include industrial production, car sales, monetary aggregates, share prices and the call money rate.
World Economics India Sales Managers’ Index