Eurozone Growth Tracker
12 October 2020
- Quarterly Real GDP Growth for the EU19 fell at 1.2% in Q1 2020.
- The Consumer Confidence indicator continued to fall in September to -11%.
- New car sales in the Eurozone continued to fall, by 18.9% in August year-on-year.
- Retail Sales bounced back to 4% Year-on-Year in August.
- Youth unemployment for the Eurozone stood at 2,460 million in August, up 8.4% against the prior year’s period.
Annual Real GDP 1961 – 2019: 50 Years of Declining Growth
Quarterly Real GDP Growth Q1 2007 - Q1 2020
Leading & Composite Indicator
OECD Composite Leading Indicator
The OECD composite leading indicator® (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points between expansions and slowdowns of economic activity”. Its components include Production Orders, Finished Goods Stock, Order Books, Order Inflows, Industrial Confidence Indicator, Share Prices, Consumer Confidence Indicator, Short & Long Term Interest Rate and Share Price Spread.