India Growth Tracker
15 July 2021
- Indian GDP grew by just 1.6% in Q1 2021 in-line with SMI trends.
- Leading economic indicators for June show the Indian economy effected by the recent Covid wave of cases.
- Total Indian Exports for June stood at $32,460 (million), just below the highest value in at least six years.
- Car sales in India decreased by 37% YnY in May.
- Steel production in May was up 60% compared to a year earlier.
Real Annual GDP Growth 1961-2020
Real GDP statistics compiled by World Economics show Indian GDP has grown rapidly over the past 20 years.
Real Quarterly GDP Growth Q2 2012 – Q1 2021
Leading and Composite Indicators
OECD Composite Leading Indicator (CLI)
The (CLI) is designed “to provide early signals of turning points of economic activity.” The index components include industrial production, car sales, monetary aggregates, share prices and the call money rate.
World Economics India Sales Managers’ Index