Released: 24 October 2019
China Services Sector Bounces Back in October from September Low
- The October numbers from the Chinese Sales Managers Survey made better reading than last month, with the Headline Index registering 51.3
- The Business Confidence Index also provided some cheering news, rising to a healthy if not over enthusiastic 52.4
- The Staffing Index also bounced, although even with the upturn the numbers remained fractionally below the 50 "no growth" level
In summary, the October Services data looked significantly healthier than was the case in September, suggesting that trade wars or not, the Chinese economy is still capable of further growth.
China: Headline Sales Managers Index (excl. Prices) for Services
The Headline Sales Managers' Index (SMI) - a composite indicator designed to provide the most up-to-date assessment of business activity.
Access China Services SMI Charts & Data
- HEADLINE SALES MANAGERS’ INDEX (SMI)
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE INDEX
- MARKET GROWTH INDEX
- SALES GROWTH INDEX
- PRICES CHARGED INDEX
- STAFFING LEVELS INDEX
- LEARN MORE...